These are just some of the delectable desserts that your wedding and party guests can feast on at your unforgettable celebration, ending with your choice of plattered, station or individually-plated desserts. We invite you to come in and talk to our wedding and event planner, meet our chefs and plan the perfect choices for your wedding menu and dessert hour!
Renewing your wedding vows is a milestone moment in your relationship, and cause for a wonderful celebration that gathers your family and friends for a happy occasion. It’s a time to celebrate your years of marriage – no matter how many years it’s been – and many couples who have renewed their wedding vows say that this meaningful celebration not only reaffirms their commitment to one another, it also serves as a wonderful example to the younger generations of what goes into a healthy and happy marriage.
Couples who renew their wedding vows very often plan their ceremony and reception to be very much like a wedding, with a ceremony held in their venue’s gardens and their reception held in their venue’s ballroom. From wedding gown to wedding flowers to wedding cake, this vow renewal may even be a bigger, more elaborate, more indulgent event than the couple’s original wedding. Some couples certainly see this as an opportunity for a wedding do-over, the chance to have the wedding of their dreams in one of the best wedding venues in NJ. They want to celebrate in grand style, treating their guests to a spectacular celebration.
Here are some of the top wedding vow renewal trends:
- An outdoor vow renewal ceremony, complete with aisle runner, and their kids walking down the aisle as part of the processional.
- A vow renewal ceremony led by anyone they choose, since a NJ-licensed officiant is not necessary (but may be hired.)
- A vow renewal ceremony including new vows the couple writes themselves, often as a surprise reveal to their partners and guests. Or, the couple may choose to recite their original wedding vows once again. Favorite songs, poems, quotes and other writings may be included in the vow renewal program or in the ceremony themselves, to personalize this centerpiece of the day.
- Vows may be taken as a family, including the kids in the ceremony, with promises and messages of appreciation spoken to them as well.
- Hiring a NJ professional photographer to capture the highlights of the day means you’ll get top-quality photos and editing, archival-quality photo albums, images on a drive, and other benefits of professional wedding photography…and with a professional photographer working your event, none of your guests will be responsible for taking all of those important photos.
- The wedding vow renewal ceremony may be followed by a lavish cocktail party outside in their wedding gardens or inside their event venue, with the cocktail party menu impressive, garden-fresh, locally-sourced and beautifully prepared and served by the event’s catering team.
- A First Dance lets you re-dance to your original wedding song, or you may choose from the top wedding songs 2017 listed online by the top NJ wedding entertainers for your own new ‘our song’ for this first dance.
- Wedding vow renewal couples are dedicating songs to their kids, as well as to their guests, as a gesture of appreciation and love.
- Favors are given at this event, or a donation may be made to charity, adding an element of ‘giving back’ to your celebration.
- Gifts are not required, but most guests will bring them. It’s not considered etiquette-appropriate to make a gift registry, nor to include gift registry information on the invitation. But when a donation to charity is suggested, it’s perfectly acceptable to mention that on your event’s personal website, much like a personal wedding website – the URL of which is okay to include in a Save The Date announcement for your wedding vow renewal event.
- A wedding vow renewal may be planned as a surprise for a partner, or guests may be surprised when they arrive at your event venue to find that this is, indeed, your wedding vow renewal.
- Champagne toasts, sabering and champagne towers have also become a top trend at wedding vow renewal celebrations.
- A sit-down dinner treats guests to a sensational meal. Dinner may be part of a larger wedding do-over, or you may plan for just the sit-down dinner at our fine dining locations.
- Vow renewal décor ideas include lavish floral centerpieces, floral arches, specialty lighting effects, fine linens, signs, and other wedding-style décor items. Signs that you make or buy for your vow renewal, such as bar signs and menu signs, can come home with you to be added to your home décor for a daily reminder of this perfect celebration.
- Bar menus include signature cocktails, His and Hers drinks, and theme drinks to suit the style of your celebration.
- Catering menus may include trendy dishes and of-the-moment flavors, as well as cultural dishes that your event venue’s chefs prepare for your personalized party.
- The cake is as important a focal point at a vow renewal celebration as it is at a wedding, and renewal couples enjoy planning for their dream wedding cake and desserts, for an elaborate dessert hour that completes a stunningly impressive and delicious menu.
- A band or deejay may provide the entertainment for your ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing hours.
- And yes, taking a second or third honeymoon is a trend for wedding vow renewals, with some couples opting to plan a family vacation.
Bridal Fashion Week took place in NYC this past week, and we spotted some gorgeous wedding gown trends for 2017! We’re happy to share with you now some highlights from the Claire Pettibone collection:
We love the ethereal look that Claire is known for, and we couldn’t do a better job of describing this collection better than Claire herself:
A NOTE FROM CLAIRE:
I had this idea for a collection inspired by the four seasons some time ago, and this fall, it all came together. Creating four looks to epitomize the season they represent, while maintaining the versatility to be worn by brides for any time of year, was a really interesting project. I was able to immerse myself in the beauty of nature, and delve into the variety of color, texture, and motifs that have been painted by artists, sung and written about, and even worshiped, over the history of mankind. Honestly, this has been one of my favorite collections to design. I love that each season has a very defined mood, although I believe a dress from spring could certainly be worn for a fall wedding, and a winter gown could be perfect for a summer soiree. I present this collection as an inspirational starting point, and leave it to the creativity and individual personalities of my brides to make these dresses their own.
Dresses literally blooming from head to toe with delicate floral embroideries, laces and carefully placed appliques. These romantic dresses are a dream for any season, and bring the fresh beauty of Spring to life.
Lazy Summer days in a grassy meadow with nothing to do, but dream and fall in love. Cotton embroideries, breezy tulle and linen composed with sheer details, intricate touches and a bohemian spirit epitomize the perfect summer mood.
There is a mystery about Autumn, and a rich beauty in the changing of the seasons. Texture, detail and a glimmer of precious metals woven into luxurious embroideries and laces offers up a decadent statement for our bride.
A time of quiet reflection, snow dusted on winter’s branches, and a touch of sparkle create the magic of Winter. Elaborate embroideries, layers of lace and tulle, and the subtle shimmer of sequins and crystals are statement pieces for any season.
– CLAIRE PETTIBONE
We spotted this fabulous cookie Pin while adding some wedding cookie inspiration to our Pinterest board, and it struck us as an excellent new bridal shower game! Instead of making your guests endure yet another clothespin game, set them up with delicious, unfrosted cookies, and have them ice their own wedding gown design.
This Pin is from Artisan Cakes by E.T., and we love how fabulous these cookie wedding gowns look. As you see, there are two gown silhouettes — really, all you need…but you might want to throw in a short dress cookie shape just to add some fashionista flair to your bridal shower game.
Our pastry chef and bakers can whip up your cookies, and you provide the icing (white or in colors, as seen on Bridal Fashion Week runways!
Ask us about our new bridal shower package, and your shower guests can have the best time ever with your game, as well as a fabulous party overall, complete with signature drinks that you’ll design with our mixology expert, and a scrumptious meal for all!